Important Info: Divisionals Meet tomorrow (Sat) @ 7:05am @ Germantown's pool
We look forward to our Divisional Championship Meet tomorrow (Saturday) at the Germantown (GER) Outdoor Pool (address below). Please be at the GER pool by 7:05am (yes, this is earlier than usual because the meet starts at 8am). When you arrive, please check in with Coach Malka.
See below for important details.
Meet line-up: Here is the meet program for tomorrow morning's meet. If you are listed but can't attend, please notify Coach Malka ((240) 461-1768 or [email protected]) immediately so that we can give another swimmer the opportunity to swim at the meet.
Location: Germantown Pool: 18905 Kingsview Dr, Germantown, MD 20874.
Parking: Please use the parking lot at the GER pool. Overflow parking is located next to the pool at Kingsview Middle School.
- 7:00 am - Referee and Chief Judge meet
- 7:05 am - Referee and Starter meet
- 7:10 am - Referee, starter, head timer, asst. head timer and announcer meet
- 7:15 am - Stroke & Turn Judge briefing
- 7:25 – 7:45 am - BE warm‐up (lanes 1-3)
- 7:30 am - Timer briefing / relay take‐off judges briefing
- 7:40 am - Scratch meeting (Ref, coaches, Reps, clerks of course, head automation)
- 7:55 am - All officials and timers in place
- 7:55 am National Anthem
- 8:00 am Start of meet
Volunteers: Below is a list of the Bethesda volunteers for this meet:
- Referee: Dmitriy Bityutskiy
- Automation: Song Pak
- Stroke & Turn Judge: Vu Bui (1st half); Michael Rosman (2nd half)
- Lane Take-Off Judge: Ai-Mei Chang
- Clerk of Course: Hongquan Li
- Awards: Xiangdong Liu
- Lane 4 (recorder): Kathleen (or Timothy) Brindle
- Lane 2 (T/O judge): Magda Walkiewicz (or Eric Yvon)
- Lane 3 (Display): Javier Llano (or Ruth Cruz)
Dress-Up Theme: Blue & White (Barracuda shirts or anything else Blue & White)
Backstrokers! Note that the backstroke flags at the GER pool are at 5 yards (not 5 meters), meaning you'll hit the wall 1-2 strokes faster than you do at the Bethesda pool. So, during warm-up, count how many strokes you'll need to hit the wall so you're prepared for your race.
BE Team Seating Area: As you enter the pool through the main gate, turn left and head to the grassy area to the right of the lifeguard house. Our team area will be in the #1 team area (which will be painted on the grass). Please bring chairs and canopies, as there are not that any shady spots around the pool and tomorrow will be HOT.
What to bring to the meet: See here
Food: The pool's concessions stand will sell breakfast items (Chick-fil-a, bagels, muffins) and drinks (water, Gatorade, coffee).
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow (Saturday). If you have any questions, please contact Coach Malka or any Team Rep.