Meet Prep Checklist
What to Bring — Swimmers
- Swim Suit, swim cap, 2 pairs of goggles (in case one breaks) & plenty of towels
- Warm clothing (mornings at meets can be cool)
- Blanket/towel (or chair) to sit on
- Water, healthy snacks ... or money to buy food at our concessions (goes to a great cause...us!) ;).
- Cards, word games, electronics, smile, good attitude
What to Bring — Parents
- Chair(s) (and tarp/hat to provide shade)
- Cooler for fruit, juices, water, snacks, etc.
- Extra Cash — a snack bar will also be available during meets
- Heat Sheet — print at home
- Visors, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, especially for nose and shoulders (apply at home when at all possible).
- Positive attitude & team cheer.
When to Arrive
- Arrive early — at least 15 minutes prior to Bethesda warm-up time.
- Check-in with Coach Malka so she knows you've arrived and can check you off on her list!
- Warm-up in the pool at the time announced by the coaches.
- Swimmers are expected to be on time for warm-up and available for relay substitutions.
At the Meet
- If you can arrive at the meet early to stake out a "team area" (preferably with some shade), that's helpful! If you have extra hands available, please help "tent people" with area set-up.
- Swimmers should stay in team area, within their age-group area. If leaving age-group area other than to swim, swimmers should let the coaches know.
- Listen for your event and be ready to go to the "ready bench."
- Parents - please know where your swimmer is at all times. Please reinforce to your swimmer to pay attention to coaches and when events are being called.
- It is ultimately the swimmer's responsibility to get to the ready bench and the blocks on time.
- Make sure you check with the coach & the clerk of course before you leave the meet. You may be needed for a relay!
- Please use trash cans for your garbage. We are a clean team!
- One other mandatory item — Have FUN :)
Simple formatted text