Important Info - Registration 2021
Due to COVID restrictions the size of our team may be limited this season. That said, the county is opening up this summer's registration to all 2019 swimmers first. Depending on registration numbers, they will decide if we can open up to new members. The information in this email is from the county; please read through the entire email and view attachments to make sure you understand MCSL Practice and Meet Protocols before registering your swimmer:
MCSL Team Registration with Montgomery County Recreation:
- Please read all information included in this email.
- All swimmers who swam on the team for the 2019 season are considered returning swimmers and have priority.
- A placement on the team is guaranteed ONLY IF registered by the deadline.
- Registration is open NOW and closes on Sunday, May 16
- Visit ActiveMontgomery.org to register or head to one of the indoor pools for assistances. Be sure to take the course number with you.
- Registration must be done using the SAME family account used to register for the 2019 season. Creating a new account will not have the team registration course history attached to it and you will not be able to register. If having difficulty, go to an MCR indoor pool and ask the cashier to assist.
- If after the practice schedule is published, any swimmer who cannot attend their assigned practice group may request a full refund. Request must be emailed by Monday, June 1, 2021
- To request a refund please email [email protected]
Review the attached documents from MCSL regarding the 2021 Meet Policy and 2021 MCSL Practice Protocols. All swimmers/parents/family members/spectators must agree to these policies and protocols to participate. Upon registration with the team swimmers/parents/family members are agreeing to follow these protocols. The Covid-19 waivers for Montgomery County and MCSL will be included in your team registration.Registration & Course #:
Fee: $185 County Resident; $200 Non-County Resident
Bethesda Barracudas - #80358Practices
Below are some of the guidelines; review the 2021 MCSL Practice Protocols for additional items:
- Everyone is required to maintain six feet of social distancing
- Due to the limit of 6 swimmers per lane, practice times are not set at this time. After registration closes the team breakdown will be reviewed and practice schedules will be set and presented at the parent meeting.
- Due to restrictions, we can't guarantee swimmers will be able to swim every day. Practices will begin the week of June 2.
- There will not be the ability to request siblings to be assigned to the same practice group if they're not within the established age group breakdown, this also extends to members of carpools or any other such requests.
- Depending on how practices are assigned, swimmers will not be able to make up missed practices or switch practice assignments with another swimmer.
- Swimmers must arrive to practice ready to swim; locker rooms/bathhouses will not be available.
- Swimmers must remain outside the facility fence until a coach directs them into the facility for practice.
- Swimmers should not arrive more than 10 minutes before the start of practice.
- Coaches will direct swimmers where to stand and place their personal belongings for practice. (For inclement weather, a waterproof bag is recommended)
- Parents/family members/spectators are not allowed on deck or within the facility fence.
- Facemasks must always be worn until a coach directs swimmers to enter the pool.
- Equipment, such as kickboards or other items, will not be provided by the team/facility.
Below are some of the guidelines; review the 2021 MCSL Meet Policy for additional items:
- Everyone is required to maintain six feet of social distancing.
- There will be a limit of the number of swimmers and volunteers allowed at all meets.
- Parents/family members/spectators not volunteering at the meet are not allowed on deck or in the facility.
- Swimmers must arrive to the meet ready to swim; locker rooms/bathhouses will not be available.
- Face Masks must be worn until a coach/official directs swimmers to remove for the race.
- Swimmers must have a plastic baggie to place their facemasks in while swimming their race.
Please refer to the 2021 MCSL Practice Protocols for more details
- Prior to arriving at the facility, temperatures must be taken, anyone registering 100.4 or above may not attend practices or meets.
- If anyone is experiencing any symptoms of illness they may not attend practices or meets.
- For information on potential, actual Covid-19 exposure or positive test protocols please refer to the 2021 MCSL Practice Protocols. The Head Coach and Team Rep must be immediately contacted so the proper authorities can be notified of the potential, actual Covid-19 exposure or positive test.
At this time evaluation are on hold until the team size is determined and if space is available. If we can hold evaluations, below are the minimum qualifications
8 & Under swimmers: must be able to swim one continuous length (25 meters) of the pool using a coordinated stroke and rhythmic breathing and be able to float on their back.
9-12 Year Old swimmers: must be able to swim one legal length (25 meters) of freestyle with good rhythmic breathing and one length (25 meters) of backstroke.
13 & Over swimmers: must be able to swim two continuous legal lengths (50 meters) of freestyle with good rhythmic breathing and two continuous legal lengths (50 meters) of backstroke.
Note: We do not offer Pre-Team.Parent Meeting :
- Tuesday, June 1 @7:00 PM
- At the outdoor pool (rain or shine)
- Only one parent per family is allowed
- No swimmers/children allowed
- Facemask required
- Everyone must maintain 6 feet of distance
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to at [email protected]
If I can't answer your question, I will refer you to the county.